We have a few folks here at Improving that might fall under that moniker (@Eric Sowell, I'm looking at you) and I've recently jumped in to see what the fuss is about. Here's my initial observations...
1) Totally dig the simplicity of the use of Markdown and linking to capture ideas and connect thoughts. It feels more akin to how I think about things so I like that
2) The to-do aspect I initially enjoyed but then I realized that I now have an additional "Inbox" to process and that's friction for me and I feel like I'm missing things. ¡No bueno!
3) I've been working to be more consistent with posting here (maybe someone other than @Cori Drew noticed) and I like writing in Obsidian. I'm close to my notes and thoughts I've captured so that's been a win.
4) There seems to be some pretty cool workflows that folks have developed (along with plugins) that I need to research more and better understand. That said, we also have an ImprovingU class coming up so maybe I can grab some learning from there too.
5) I still like writing in my physical journal more for my morning quiet time. Can't seem to give up that tactile feeling but I may plan to make a concerted effort to move to digital journaling just to push myself outside of my comfort zone.
What do you think of Obsidian?